Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Life.. in a horoscope

November 02, 2008
Cancer (6/22-7/22)
Today is a great time for you to look ahead toward your future. Start putting some new goals into place, and try to get a little bit more aggressive about achieving them. It's very wise to create attainable goals, but it's only the loftiest goals that can inspire you to stretch yourself in new ways. Time is going to move forward whether you are aware of it or not, so you need to make every day count. Creating an awareness of where you are now versus where you want to be will help you do just that.

I was reading my horoscope today, which I copied and pasted above, and I always take it with a grain of salt. I know they are not customized just for me, but there are days they seem more fitting and right on the money.. I really do need to finish some goals I've started.. my master's degree being one of them.. I am on track for that.. only have to write my thesis now... I'll be doing that in January and finishing in May.. woohoo! Seems so doable. I don't know what I was waiting for... life just seemed to take me into other directions it seems, but not now.. I'm controlling my destiny..

It's that same control that is going to get me moving and losing this weight I gained. I'm not sure what really caused it.. I know I love to eat snacks and candies.. but it all started with my foot problems(inactivity)... and it seemed to increase more after I quit smoking in February. Some days I think I should start back up, but my health is too important.. so, i'm making some new goals.. and going to stick to them.. Here they are...
  • Lose 50 lbs
  • Exercise 5 days a week
  • Eat less
  • Finish my degree
  • Oh.. and of coarse, scrapbook more.. =)
  • Call and visit with my family more
  • Read more books

I will need help with some.. others will need to be lifestyle changes.. others will take a shift in priorities. They are all doable.

So, how does this relate to scrapbooking you say? I can scrapbook my life and it does fit with the scrapbook more goal... As a matter of fact, I am working on a page right now.. its a Fall/Autumn page...about 2/3 of the way done. I'll post when it's complete...

In the mean time, start doing some of the things you've always been putting off... time is a gift.. you don't get more of it.. and it speeds by faster every year..

=) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!!!!!! thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. =)