Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting 2012 off with a bang!!!

Good Morning!!!!

Can you believe 2012 is here already???? Time is flying by so quickly.. lots of great things to be thankful for in 2011 and lots of new things to look forward to in 2012.. =)

what better way to start the first post of the year, but with a challenge layout for Scrapbookers Anonymous. You must check out what the DT did... always so inspiring!!!!!

This month's challenge is to use paint, mist, or ink and masking. I used a Crafter's Workshop snowflake template with white Mr. Huey mist. The paper is WeR and I used some vintage Heidi Swapp ghost snowflake that were hiding in my stash. Like how this turned out overall. I had trouble with the masking, but I went with it and learned a few things I would have done differently for next time.

Because I procrastinated in December, I was able to incorporate another challenge into my layout this month. I used the Bird is a Word prompt, 'wonder'. I was inspired to use it after seeing Lizzy's layout using it. The funny thing about that word is that it's exactly how I feel right now... i 'wonder' how it is I'm functioning after the fun night of shenanigans. I spent it with some of my fav peeps... I hope Lea is feeling better that I am. i can only hope... =)  Johnny Vegas was really nice to me last night... today, not so much.. lol.

It's still gonna be a great day... lots of tv and relaxing with my hubby... . see you all again soon.

Toodles... =)


 

14 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! I loveeeeeeeee that photo and love love love the snowflakes! Happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love how the masked snowflakes turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This looks fabulous! Lovelovelove those snowflakes and the whole festive feel of the piece!

    Happy 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones Theresa! May your year be filled with love, joy and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout! I love how you used the the acrylic snowflakes along with the misted ones on the page. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snowflakes and Christmas trees! I don't usually mist or paint, but I would love to get my hands on some of the white Mr. Huey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout Theresa!!
    Love the masked and the transparent snowflakes!!
    Wish you all the best for 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your take on the challenge--the die cut paper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet page. I love that paper and the photo captures everything that Christmas is about. Thanks for joining us at BITW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute layout!! thanks for playing with us at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout and thanks for playing with us at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page!!!Thanks for playing along us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a true Christmas page! Love the green colour and the masked snowflakes!! Thanks for joining us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!!!!!! thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. =)