Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

every where you go... =)

I love this song. One of my many Christmas favs.



It's my Ringback tone right now.. I think I'm officially in the Christmas spirit. Today I spent a wonderful day with my friend Lea. We made holiday rice krispy treats, molded into shapes, dipped in chocolate, and then for the finishing touch, candy sprinkles. such a fun treat. everyone loves rice krispy treats, don't they? Then, we went to see New Moon again... sigh.. just as good as the first time. although I would have liked to watch Twilight again prior.. just gets you in the mood, ya know??? We completed our day with dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. I love the Parmesan Garlic and my new fav, the Asian Zing.. yummmm.. we had grand ideas of possibly cropping after dinner, but i think we pooped out??? I did at least..=)

I did get to crop on Friday night... and wait till you see my holiday gift can. I got the idea from the latest ACOT crop. Instructions can be found HERE.. the sky is the limit on what you can do with these things. I love it even more after making my own..

Here is the finished project. I used some Reminisce Frosted papers, MM glaze paint, modge podge, zip dry glue, and some fun garland ribbon..



So, what do you think of my little penquin??? It will be stuffed with gift certificates...Pop the top to get the goodies that are inside. this was really easy.. you need to try this project.. start eating some fruit and soup.. If you have a Pampered Chef can opener, it will make taking the bottom of the can off sooooo much easier. no jagged edges too.

While working on the gift can, I put together a layout. It was perfect because i needed to keep busy while waiting for all the glue and paint to dry on the can.

This is from last years Christmas at my brother's house. Chaos and fun when we open presents. =) I used my Snowy Jo papers and my Crafter's Workshop template to make the die cut shapes.

All Wrapped Up.....
Sketch from 52 Sketches... this site is closing at the end of the year.. I will miss it.



I have the bug and wish I had more time to make fun holiday projects... If you have a Cricut, this web site is posting fun projects..

CHRISTMAS WITH THE CRICUT

And TIM HOLTZ is doing his 12 TAGs of CHRISTMAS again... wonderful stuff.

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season as much as I am.. =) See you again soon.


1 comment:

  1. That penguin is soooo cute, it seems like a fun project! Pretty LO as well ... you seem to be in the christmas spirit already. Btw, I love that song too! I've been listening to christmas songs all day yesterday, making a CD which I can play while putting up our tree this afternoon ... yeah, I'm soooo looking forward to that!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Hi!!!!!! thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. =)