Sunday, August 30, 2009

Anniversary Crop at SG&M

hi. it was a great weekend. My LSS had their 3 year anniversary crop and I was able to attend all weekend. 3 days of cropping..oh, what fun. I was able to hang out with all my friends, while doing what I love.. =)

Here is a pic of me and Jill. We took this today near the end of the crop. I'm on the right.



Before I get into the layouts I completed, I just want to give a BIG THANKS to Carol.. the owner of the LSS, she is the best. I wonder all the time how I have come to deserve all the special things she does for me... she oohs and ahhs over my layouts and keeps some for store display.... ;) I think I've officially become an unofficial designer for the store... Carol is going to start show casing layouts by her unofficial creators of store samples and she picked me to be the first one.. she kept 7 of my layouts for display. kinda exciting that someone thinks that much about what you do... she is hoping it inspires others to try new techniques and paper lines.

So, without any further delay, here is some of the layouts I made this weekend. I'll post a few each day and try to update the blog more often.

Friday, I took a half day off work so I could get to the store early. I wanted to be all set up so that I could play online at the ACOT crop as well. I wanted to do some challenges. the first layout I completed was one that I started the week prior. It needed a title and some journaling..

Toadally Cool
this was a couple pics I took back in 2005 of a toad in my shrub. weird huh? I didn't know toads could get up that high. this was at my eye level. I used some of my Jillibean Soup papers. I used my new EK Success border punch for the first time. i love that thing.


I love my Companion...
this is my little Sierra. she is such a cutie. I haven't scrapped her lately. it was so much fun to put together. This was for Challenge #1 over at ACOT. the direction was to use a color and b&w photo on the same layout.




Spit Happens.
This is my little cousin. she is such a sweetie. I used some Fancy Pants paper and my new found go to paper, Bobunny dot cardstock. I love the colors. they go with everything.



Well, there is a preview of some of the things I completed this weekend. I think I finished 2 double pagers and 7 singles.. not bad, but I have done better. I guess it just depends on how much I talk and eat... =)

One of the highlights of the weekend is the goodie bag you get as part of the crop and the door prizes that are given away... I received some really great things and my super fav is the Graphic 45 papers I received. i will post my page made with the Domestic Goddess line soon..

Thanks for visiting and I'll see you all later in the week. It's time for bed and to wind down before heading back to work tomorrow.

Toodles.. =)

3 comments:

  1. Wow so you got alot done and had a great time. I'm not surprised she kept some of your pages, your stuff is good. Can't wait to see what you did with the G45.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast this weekend! And Carol & Cari seriously are the best hostesses! I blogged about them, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your lo's !!!!!!
    especially the one with the dog.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!!!!!! thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. =)