Saturday, November 17, 2012

Holiday Card Class - Day 1



Hello!!!  I mentioned in my previous post that I was taking the Holiday Card Class. I loved it. So many tutorials and time saving tips. I learned so much about card making. I've been scrapbooking so long, but only dabbled in cards here and there. Now, cardmaking is becoming a primary focus of my crafty time... I LOVE stamps!!!! so it's a perfect marriage.. me and stamps.. actually, it's more like a family, since I share my time with paper and photos too.. heehee. =)

I want to share with you the first card I made from Day 1 class.

It's a small 3x3 card. Who doesn't love mini cards???? I will give away some as gifts and use some as gift tags on presents. So far, I've made over 50 of them. I've been using old cardstock from my stash and a Basic Grey paper kit. The centerpiece is a couple Lawn Fawn stamps. I love the new holiday ones.

Here is a card I made using a Studio Calico background stamp. I used American Craft ink markers to make the color progression...

 The next couple are cards I made with some of the new Unity background stamps. I heat embossed with some clear embossing powder. I really love these stamps. so fun.



I will share more crafty items as I get time. Have a fabulous weekend. =)

Toodles....

8 comments:

  1. Hey right back....nice to hear from you....Parallel lives, eh???!!!! Your cards are great ...fantastic time user-uppers so you can't possibly fit that dratted house work in as well!!!! I spy washi there as well as stamps....looks like you've found a new love....that bg stamping on the cards is really nice:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeee your cards!! I love love love the butterflies on that last one!!! And girllllllllllllll that ending was INSANE wasn't it!!???!!!!??? My heart was pounding SO HARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! These cards are awesome! Love that you stamped on kraft!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... your cards are all beautifully done.. I'm glad you are back a bit with cards!!! These are inspiring indeed Theresa... I still hope you'd start scrapping again...miss looking at your amazing LOs... have a great week ahead..and thanks for dropping by my blog.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady! I have been out of the "scrap world" for a while but just had to nominate you and your blog for a Liebster Award! Not sure if you have ever gotten one before. Check out my post for the details!
    www.neverthesamespicetwice.com

    Love your blog, just wanted to pay it forward!!! I hope all is well!
    XO,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been working on a bunch of cards. I have been using left over paper scraps but you have really inspired me to use my stamp sets. of course I'm going to have to get the dust of them first lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, man, I soooooo love your cards!!! I have trouble with cards, I'm always so stumped! Right now, I'm trying to figure out what to do for my hubby's 40th b-day card, and his b-day is TOMORROW! ACK!!! Anyway, just popped by to say I looked for you on Facebook, but there are quite a few people with your same name, and I didn't know which was you! If you still want to join our December Daily group, maybe look me up (Roxanne McCleary, I don't think there are many out there!) or let me know which one you are! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!!!!!! thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. =)