Friday, November 26, 2010

Scored some loot Black Friday shopping!!!!

Ok. I must fess up right away.. typically, the idea is to shop on Black Friday for people on your gift list. well, I went out with my own agenda to get some Christmas presents for me... but some items landed in my cart for others so it wasn't all bad.. lol.... =) I only wanted to go to 3 places, all with crafty thoughts in mind. Joann's, Michael's, and my LSS Scrapbooks Galore and More.

I got up at 6:15am this morning to start my bargain hunting. My first stop was Joann's. If I could score one item, I wanted it to be the Sizzix holiday dies that were 75% off. I wasn't sure what dies they would be so you could imagine the excitement when I noticed they were the Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses dies and texture plates.. swoon. =) I was bad, got 4 Bigs and 4 texture plates. You know what is so awesome about it??? I got 4 for the price of 1.. you heard that right. I paid 29.99 for 4 Bigz dies and 15.99 for 4 texture plates. I was so happy.. the rest of the items I bought on sale were just bonus. I wouldn't have cared if they were out of everything else I wanted.

Here are some pictures of my Joann's loot.




 Then after Joann's, I went to Michael's. I was disappointed in the deals. You couldn't use your 25% off coupon on hardly any of the good deals. I did end up getting a few spools of Christmas ribbon(70% off), and some Iris storage boxes. I should have gotten more of these, for less than $3.. overall though, Michael's was not that great for Black Friday deals.
and lastly, I went to my LSS. They were having Black Friday deals too. I ended up getting some cute MME papers, another Tim Holtz Holiday die, a cricut snowflake cartridge, and the stamp spinner I've been wanting. and some $1 deals too.


So, lots of new scrappy goodies to love. I plan on doing most of the rest of my Christmas shopping online. Makes life a lot easier that way. I've done a lot of shopping on Etsy lately. I love it there. So many cute homemade things.
Did anyone else go Black Friday shopping????

8 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good Thankgiving. Wow I'm jealous, I love bargains and such fab stuff. I love those Sizzix dies,I've not seen those in the U.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww! You scored!!!! I went to Michael's yesterday on the way home from the folks house (they were open 5-8pm) and used a 30% off coupon they had in the paper... got off pretty good as I was only looking for adhesives!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good thing I didn't see that JoAnn's ad... it may have actually made me want to go out in the craziness! You got some awesome deals. That stamp spinner is way too cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.... WOW....Im green with envy....lucky you....I'm sure you had a blast!!!...

    hope you had a fabulous thanksgiving...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your deals! I prefer Joann's to Michaels most of the time. I just gave you a blog award, please check it out on my blog! Feel free to pass it on, or not, as your time and schedule permit.

    http://suealthouse.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have 'black Friday' overhere, but I too love me a bargain! You scored some cute items, wowheee! Enjoy playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we made one quick stop on Black Friday - at Menards, of all places to pick up a Cricut at about half off. I'm now officially a Black Friday fan!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!!!!!! thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. =)