Saturday, October 9, 2010

Art Journal- Lesson #3

Hello there... well, it's Saturday night and I'm sitting here in bed, watching QVC, and playing on the Internet. definitely a few of my fav things..=)

I also want to make it known that I'm missing my pal Lea... no texts, and no phone calls.. =(   I know she is having fun though and I'll get over it. she will be home soon... and that means we will be deciding our new DT over at Scrapbookers Anonymous. did you apply? if not, you have till Monday at 9pm.

here is the art journal page I wanted to share. I'm trying to get caught up on my lessons. I'm a slow poke. If you are interested in Art Journaling, i suggest checking out Marit's site. She does amazing work and has a new class starting soon. I will be there. =)

the base is a piece of scrapbook paper. I used tissue paper that I misted with coordinating maya mist, then used gel medium to give the texture. the poem I found on the internet. I thought it fitting. this is a picture of me(second from the right) and friends I use to work with at the Olive Garden.. pic is from June 2, 1999. we were at Cedar Point. so much fun, good times.. i have fond memories of those times. sigh................

well, i think I'm gonna get off the computer soon and read some of my book. reading Kristan Higgans, The Next Best Thing. 

hope you are enjoying your weekend. I'll see you all soon.
Toodles. =)

7 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I love your use of the tissue paper...it gives such pretty color and texture! I'll have to give that a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh I was hoping to apply....but not thinking its gonna work for me right now...I am having a busy month... :(:(:( Hopefully...next time :):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your page...I love love love the tissue paper! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The journaling is amazing! I love the bright colors and the gel medium looks like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art journaling is very big right now! Love your page - fun colors for a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome!!!!! I took Marit's first class, and it was wonderful, I had a blast!!! Have fun!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu already know I ADORE this page Theresa. So bright and fun! You did an awesome job with the gel medium!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!!!!!! thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. =)